Business Administration Course is designed to meet the needs of those learners both employed or unemployed, who are already involved or wish to become involved in the field of Administration. Administration is an essential field of learning as Administration competencies apply to all industries and to many non-commercial ventures such as sports/recreation clubs, religious groups, etc. This means that there is an on-going need for skilled Adminstrative people to carry out these functions both in the commercial and non-commercial sectors. There is also a need to develop career paths in this field so as to offer people involved in Administration the opportunity to continue with a programme of life-long learning, which will make them knowledgeable and skilled employees with enhanced employment opportunities.
Qualifying learners of the Business Administration Course should be capable of:
- Have knowledge of the procedures for stock and fixed asset control
- Develop Administrative systems together with other employees
- Improve organisational effectiveness
- Present information that is routinely and regularly required, as well as specific information that is requested from time-to-time
- Manage service providers
- Be an effective employee in the Administrative section of an organisation
- Be aware of how fraud can be present in an office environment and assisting in its control
- Display Cultural awareness in dealing with customers and colleagues and utilising the differences in a positive way to enhance the effectiveness and image of the organisation
- Identify and solve work related problems together with others
- Apply efficient time management processes, procedures and techniques
- Be an effective member of a team
- Become a knowledge worker
Learners accessing this Qualification should be competent in:
• Communication at NQF level 3
• Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3
• Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3.
The Business Administration Course is for any individual who is or wishes to be involved in the Administration function within any industry, or non-commercial venture/organization.