The Management Course NQF 3, it provides a framework for learners to develop competencies that will enable them to become competent junior managers. It introduces some theoretical concepts, requires the application of a limited base of knowledge and requires a well-developed range of skills that will enable learners to be informed workers in their chosen industry. It provides a balanced learning experience that allows flexible access to further education, life long learning, higher education and to productive employment in a range of occupational contexts. It provides an opportunity for learners to learn and apply academic skills in relation to management and will provide them with skills to adapt to changes in work procedures and processes in business and industry.
Learners that qualify from the management course should be capable of:
- Co-ordinating with others.
- Making significant choices from a wide range of procedures.
- Operating in a number of contexts.
- Making comparisons.
- Performing junior management functions.
- Maintaining records.
- Carrying out simple research and tasks.
- Interpreting current affairs related to a specific business sector.
- Recognising the effect of HIV/AIDS on the specific workplace, business sub-sector and own organisation.
- Applying knowledge of self and team to enhance team performance.
- Managing time and the work process.
- Explaining the structure of an organisation.
- Conducting a formal meeting.
- Inducting a new member of a team.
- Motivating a team.
The National Certificate in Generic Management Level 3 allows open access. Provision has been made for prior learning to be recognised if a learner is able to demonstrate competence in the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes implicit in this qualification.
Junior management positions in organizations include, but are not limited to team leaders, supervisors, first line managers and section heads. The position or term, "junior manager" is used to describe the first level of management in an organisation at which an employee has other employees reporting to him/her.